Health & Safety Policy
General Statement of Policy
COPYING TEXT FROM OUR WEBSITE? WHAT A WANKER!
Blast Away will adhere to the following Health and Safety Policy as far as is reasonably practicable, in accordance with the 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act. This applies equally to everybody whether they be employees, contractors or visitors.
1. To provide and maintain a safe place of work without risk to health. Blast Away Cleaning
2. To provide systems and procedures for work that are safe and without risk to health.
3. To provide and maintain plant and equipment for work that are safe and without risk to health.
4. To make arrangements to ensure safety and the absence of risks to health in connection with the use, transport, storage and handling of articles and substances that are inherently or potentially dangerous.
5. To maintain any workplace under Blast Away control in a safe and risk free condition and ensure that all entrances and exits from the workplace are safe and risk free.
6. To communicate to staff the Blast Away commitment to safety and to provide comprehensive information, instruction, training and supervision, with the object of ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of everyone.
7. To provide and maintain a working environment for employees, visitors and contractors which is safe and without risk to health and which is adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
8. Blast Away will endeavor to provide a working environment free of undue stress or excessive working hours.
The policy will be reviewed annually to reflect changes to responsibilities and operating procedures. Risk Assessments and Operational Guidelines for specific areas and/or operations supplement this general policy and should be read in conjunction with the policy document. A set of these is held by the Personnel Manager.